



I took the twins fishing today at the lake behind our house. They got fishing poles for their birthday and were very excited to try them out, finally. Unfortunately, we could not locate Michael's fishing pole anywhere. I improvised by tying some fishing line to a long dowel and he was happy.
We took the fishing poles, worms, hooks and bobbers out to a nice spot by the lake with lots of reeds where fishies would want to hide. I got them all set up and only stabbed myself with the hooks twice. I should mention, Katie was very disappointed that worms don't bleed when you put them on hooks. Mom's do bleed when you put worms on the hook. Luckily, I packed more first aid supplies than tackle in Katie's little Barbie tackle box.
After about a minute, Michael's bobber starting going under. He squealed and pulled up a little fish. Seriously, he caught a fish with a dowel and string. We released the little fishy back into the pond. Katie was determined to catch a fish, too. She moved over to Michael's little spot and fished harder, if that's even possible. A few times, her bobber was pulled under but there was no fish. Then it got pulled under hard and she pulled up a little fish of her own. She grabbed that fish and held it up with pride!




1 comment:
Have you searched Katie's room for Michael's pole or parts of pole? :) Looks like they had a great time!
Post a Comment