Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! For my special day, I got to sleep in until 8:30. Before kids, that was called "getting up early" not "sleeping in." The kiddos brought me breakfast in bed from McDonalds - Sausage McGriddle and Hashbrowns, my favorites. Michael and Katie both gave me cards and gifts they had selected themselves from the Dollar Store. These gifts are always my favorite because I get to see what the kids think I like. I've learned that they think I like cleaning and anything that is green. (Green IS my favorite color.) Michael gave me a scrub brush for my dishes. It has a small handle and green bristles. It matches the long handled scrub brush with green bristles that he got me for my birthday. He was so excited to give it to me because now I can "scrub smaller bowls and pans." And I "don't need to use the dishwasher anymore!" Yay! Katie gave me a green rubber mat that you use to line your refrigerator drawers and protect your produce. She also suggested that I could set my newly scrubbed dishes on it to dry. I hate to disappoint them, but our dishwasher is not going into retirement any time soon. All in all, it's been a great Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Mom Union said...

Aren't Dollar Store Mother's Day gifts the best. It's the funniest when the kids give you a gift based on who/what they think "MOM" is. So, does Michael think you really like to do dishes or you really need to do dishes? (Brainstorm! woo woo woo) For Father's Day take the kids to the cleaning aisle at the grocery store and let them pick something for daddy. :)