Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Becher Scouts

Oh Boy! Sometimes parenting genius just hits you out of the blue! On Saturday, we formed the Becher Scouts. Michael and Katie were so excited about earning badges for Girl/Boy Scouts this year, sooooo why not capitalize on that at home? I made them each a banner out of construction paper, then I color up "badges" on little squares of paper. The kids just glue the badges onto their banners. Michael quickly earned his Picking Up The Back Yard So Daddy Can Mow Badge and his Cleaning Up The Trash Badge. They both earned I Love Reading Badges for reading 2 books. They can earn stickers under their badges for repeating a task.

Here are a few of Katie's badges on her banner. I couldn't get the picture of Michael's badges to upload from my phone. His are randomly stuck all over the banner, unlike those of Miss OCD.

Tonight, the kids earned Movie Night Jamboree Badges by watching some movies up in the playroom. I hooked them up with popcorn, candy, drinks and flashlights. The kids were invisible for 2 whole hours!! Yay!

No comments: