Michael and Katie had their first day of First Grade today! They were so excited to start school. Michael woke up at 5:20 this morning - a full 3 hours before school starts. Not so with Katie. I had to get her up.
I drove the kids to school. They would not let me walk them to their classrooms. They wouldn't even let me get out of the car. *sob*
When I picked them up for school, Michael reported that 1st grade was soo great and he can't wait to go back tomorrow. He told me every detail of his day - indoor recess, lunch with Aiden, etc. Katie shrugged and reported that school was fine. She couldn't remember what she did or who she ate lunch with.
They already have homework. They have to bring in a paper bag filled with things that tell about themselves. Then they'll do a presentation for the class.

Here they are decorating their homework bags. It looks like they're getting along, but they are actually fighting over paint.




No comments:
Post a Comment