Michael joined the Cub Scouts this year. He is technically a Tiger Scout. I have honestly never seen him so dedicated or enthusiastic about anything! The first night that we got Michael's uniform and Scout Handbook, he asked to wear his uniform to bed. He also requested that I read to him from his handbook as his bedtime story. He has been diligently working on his Tiger Scout electives at home. For every 10 electives, he earns a bead to wear on his uniform. He has also completed the requirements to earn belt loops for baseball and soccer.

(Doing the Cub Scout salute)
At Michael's first Pack Meeting, the boys had a no-hands Twinkie eating contest. I'm not really sure why, just something fun to do, I guess. Katie was at the meeting with me and asked "What's a Twinkie?" I'm kind of proud of myself that my kids have never heard of Twinkies, but can identify 3 different kinds of squash. I'm sure their grandparents will hook them up with Twinkies very soon. :)
(Michael didn't win. He's a very delicate Twinkie eater)
No comments:
Post a Comment