Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baking Cookies

Katie asked to bake some cookies for Santa. She also wants to sew him a scarf and mittens. I think she's taken an honest assessment of her behavior and decided on bribery to get on Santa's nice list. Not a bad plan.


So, we went to the grocery store and bought cookie dough and supplies for decorating. I rolled out the dough and gave the kiddos some cookie cutters. They cut out their own cookies and we put them in the oven. While the cookies baked, I mixed up 5 colors of frosting, got out 4 colors of gel icing, and set out 8 different containers of sprinkles. "This should take hours," I thought gleefully!



Here's Katie's cookies:



And Michael's:



Are you kidding me?!? This totally sums up the differences in their personalities. Katie used every color of frosting available - on each cookie. Michael puts on one stinking dot of gel icing!! And quits! If there were an Olympic Qutters Team, he would take home the gold medal! Of course, he'd never make it to the gold medal podium to accept his award, because he'd quit somewhere around the bronze podium.

No comments: