Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Bored!

School is out. Forever!

Okay, not that long. But it sure feels that way! Like every parent in the area, I have been trying to find new and interesting ways to entertain the kids until January 6th.

Last week I took Michael and Katie roller skating for the first time. Their teacher had given out free passes to a local skating rink, so I figured we could try it out. If they didn't like it, I wasn't out any money. Well, they LIKED it!! But I did have to spend some money because concessions are as expensive as a movie theater and everyone was wearing glow-stick necklaces at $2 a pop.



Yes, they were the ONLY kids with helmets.

Before they got out on the rink, I told them to stay close to the wall because that's where the slower skaters will be and they would be less likely to get run over. Of course, Katie was all "Why do I have to skate slow?!!" I tried to explain that she can skate just as fast as she wants, but until she is going as fast as everybody else, she should stay close to the wall. But I had already insulted her, so she just stomped away from me and onto the rink.




(Notice how she's hugging that wall. Told you!)



On Monday, we went to the movies to see Disney's Bolt in 3D. Another hit with the kids; I am 2 for 2! Michael and Katie were delighted to wear their 3D glasses and the movie was super cute with just enough grown-up jokes for the parents. This was the first movie that Michael has been able to sit through without running from the theater in terror. Usually Michael will cover his eyes and wail thru the entire movie. As soon as it's over, he will announce "I loved it!!" This is after 2 hours of "Ahh, make it stop! I wanna leave! I wanna leave!"





I thought the glasses would be red and blue like when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey
Cute Blog! Almost all of my friends have one of these I started one but that is it. I am having trouble keeping kids busy too...per my back it has been hurting since the sunday before Christmas.. my poor babies haven't really done anything outside the house! Thank goodness for Wii!

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey
Cute Blog! Almost all of my friends have one of these I started one but that is it. I am having trouble keeping kids busy too...per my back it has been hurting since the sunday before Christmas.. my poor babies haven't really done anything outside the house! Thank goodness for Wii!